Email Marketing is the process or a method of sending promotional messages to the people in bulk. It is basically used to introduce your business, Brand, product or service, drive sales and create an audience around your brand. It is an old but very effective and most profitable marketing strategy which is in use from more than a decade even there are various marketing strategies in this digital market. In a research it is analyzed that around $38 average return on the investment of $1.
10 Best Email Marketing Practices
- Use Double Opt-in method to subscribe people like if a visitor signs up to your website then send a confirmation link to verify the email and after verification starts sending promotional emails to your subscriber.
- Do not ever buy an email lists.
- Divide your email list in small segments according to their similarities so that you can share the relevant content and generate effective sales.
- Personalizing emails is also essential for building trust & good relationship with your customer/subscribers.
- Optimize you content Mobile friendly.
- Optimize email deliverability as your email is deliverable to the Inbox or going in spam.
- Choose an engaging email Newsletter Design.
- Clean up your list of emails.
- Test A/B Subject lines and content to make sure that which one is more effective.
- Scale with Autoresponders and email automation.
Why your business needs email marketing?
- Email Marketing is beneficial for a business in many ways, from order confirmations to Newsletters, emails are an important feature of growth and managing business.
1. Conversion or sale is the most important component of every business growth and this whole marketing exercise is also for generating sales or more sales. So this email marketing campaign or sending bulk mails to your subscribers helps in getting more orders. Some email marketing techniques are also known to increase conversion rates:-
a) Send Emails with a discount or special offer to their subscribers for celebrating birthday, anniversary or welcome email or re-engagement email etc.
b) Send an automated reminder email to the subscriber when he/she selected a product in cart but left unordered.
- Brand Awareness:- The best thing about email marketing is it is directly connects with the people/subscribers. It is working like one to one communication and if your product or brand is showing in someone’s inbox in this competitive market then you can understand that your product is in the mind of that people. Also the cost effectiveness is the major benefit of email marketing and a business can connect with large number of people in a very low cost in a very less time.
- Customer Loyalty:- Customer loyalty is also the other key benefit in email marketing because email drives customer loyalty at every point from email nurturing to conversion, conversion to onboarding and then retention. It is a very strong tool for creating a community by sending a very good newsletter to the subscribers for which they will be waiting every week, keep reading and revert how it was.