SEO - Search
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, it is a technique or a process of increasing quality and quantity of your content, blog or site traffic in a search engine. More visibility your content will get in search results more people will be attracted and more people will be attracted more leads will come. As well as we can say it is an exposure to your content, brand or business through non-paid i.e. organic search engine results.
SEO - Search Engine Optimization Techniques
- Crawling – so Search engines can read your website
- Compelling content – that answers the searcher’s query
- Keyword optimization to attract searchers & engines
- Great user experience including a fast load speed and compelling UX
- Share-worthy content that earns links, citations, and amplification
- Title, URL, & description to draw high CTR in the rankings
- Snippet/schema markup to stand out in SERPs
Types of SEO
- On-site or On-page SEO, as its name describes itself it is a technique that is performed on the page/website by the publisher or you can say it is totally in the control of the publisher. This is a technique where Publisher/SEO Experts makes the pages/website search engine friendly by performing various activities like
1. Meta Title – Selecting appropriate title of the Page or article according to the content or niche after depth research.
2. Keyword Research & Density
3. Meta Description
4. Interlinking – Anchor Text
8. Title Tags
9. Site Performance
10. Canonical URL – Helps webmaster to prevent duplicate content issue.
- Off-site SEO or Off-Page SEO, as its name describes itself, it is a technique that is not directly related with your page/website or you can say it is technique of taking referral traffic from other page/website . Search engines not only just evaluate the content on the page/website or what is visible to users, its also evaluates the reputation, the quality of the backlinks, user’s geographic location and many other things. Backlinking is the heart of off-page SEO Technique. Search engine use backlinks as an indication of the linked content’s quality when we search any phrase so any article/site with the high value backlinks usually ranks better than any other site.
Links & Off-page SEO
1. Natural Links
2. Manually Built Links
3. Self-Created Links
Non-Link off-page SEO
1. Social Media Marketing
2. Guest Blogging
3. Influencer Marketing
Why SEO is important for a business?
- In this current digital world when people are searching online for what they are looking for then the importance of SEO comes into place. Simply SEO is an understanding of what people are searching, answers they are looking, phrases (keywords) they are using and the content they wish to consume. By knowing these things you can connect with more and more people and can generate more leads to your business.
- Businesses are majorly focusing on Paid advertisement, social media and other platforms to generate traffic but majorly all the traffic is coming from the search engine. So through Organic search results (SEO) you can optimize your content or site, rank it on first page of the search engines and get more clicks/ leads to your site or business. In a study it is found that in US of all US searches only 3% of the people click on the paid advertisement.